One Must Imagine Sisyphus OverwhelmedEvan Travers This is an RSS-only post. It's a secret! Read more about RSS Club.
"What's going on?" My wife asked me last night. "I'm not sure" I replied. "I can't put my finger on it, I feel like I'm forgetting something."
I feel asleep still not sure, roused too often by the midnight auditory hallucination of my alarm.
I get this way when I have too many irons in the fire… too many conversations, too many side projects, too many drafts brewing in my digital garden.
Of course, writing helps. So this morning I start a list… it's healthy, right? Admitting I get moody because I'm a mortal creature without the capability to fix everything I see. Remembering I'm not the creator of the cosmos. It won't be a todo list, it'll be a confession!
Between the moment I woke up and put on my jacket and grabbed my pack, here are the things that flitted through my awareness:
- that closet that's 75% been cataloged and reorganized, but I had to shove it all back in again and now it's 150% worse
- Bushes that need to be cut back off my fence
- A self hosted system for storing and syncing contacts because Google has failed me for the last time
- a season of heavy change at the day job
- A set of scripts and markdown queries to emulate Things in Obsidian Tasks
- A doctors appointment for a foot injury that won't heal
- The infernal blog transition that I've been piddling on for years
- a fourth rewrite of my nix dotfiles1
- essays on:
- UX and Sin in VR/AR
- my position on AI, surveillance capitalism, and the trust apocalypse
- Defrauding and the ethics of LLMs
- a Biblical position on burnout
- Window management and Yabai
- My current Obsidian usage
- The miracle of nix modules
- Half a dozen scraps of thought around creativity systems
- The outline of a book on journaling
It's too much!
I am once again Sisyphus, and you must imagine I am not happy.
Two things I must do… I have to wrangle all the things floating around in my head and put them somewhere safe. Then I need to ruthlessly cut this list.
And this little article is a start.
I did knock this over this evening: https://github.com/evantravers/dotfiles/blob/fde5333d673e5d0d74805739e2d4386fbf39b4c2/flake.nix ↩
2024-02-20 09:38:14 -0600Convert to permalinks
2024-02-12 22:24:26 -0600update with small victory
2024-02-12 11:21:19 -0600Post