Single-Use Alarms on iOSEvan Travers
I normally wake up at 6a. I've been attending F3 again, which means a 5a morning… but not every morning. (Yet!) I want the ability to say "I'm going tomorrow!" without committing to 5a every morning…
I made a simple Personal Automation in iOS that is great for these "just today" kind of alarms.
- Set up an alarm. Label it.1
- Go to Shortcuts, tap the Automation tab.
- Tap the + in the top right, choose Create Personal Automation.
- Tap Alarm as the trigger, choose Stopped and Existing to select your new alarm from 1.2
- Add Action: Toggle Alarm, choose your alarm again and set it to Off.3
- Tap Next.
- Disable Ask Before Running.4
- Tap Done.
Now any time you enable that alarm it will fire once and automatically disable itself!
I've also created a shortcut to enable the alarm for tomorrow, making it easier to get ready for the next day's beatdown. 🤷
2022-07-19 07:35:10 -0500Post: Single Use Alarms
2022-07-18 22:18:27 -0500Single Use Alarm